Take the most out of the Timeline
The Timeline is a project mode that lets you display and organize cards and groups on a timeline.
It is perfect for projects with deadlines or roadmaps.
- organizing an event,
- launching a product,
- handling marketing campaigns,
- managing OKRs and strategic planning.
Select the date attribute you want
group byand the
Select the mode,
normalshow every card in their group (even the cards without dates), where
compactsmartly rearrange cards in the timeline based on their start and end dates. It will try to use the fewer lines possible to display your cards. This mode is very useful when you want to see if many cards are scheduled at the same time.
Select the date range you want to see in your windows, you can select it as large as possible. The timeline grid is displaying smartly based on the selected dates range.
Download you timeline as an image or get the iCalendar feed
Cards are grouped by the selected
Click on a card (in the sidebar or in the timeline) to open it. Right click to open its context menu. Click on the small arrow (appearing on hover) to center the timeline around it.
Drag the card on the timeline to change its daterange. Drag its left or right end to shorten or widen the range. If you shorten the card until it disapears, it will remove the daterange.
To set a daterange on a card without one,
Click and dragin
On a card, you can click on the number of sub-cards to display/hide them.
If the date range of the sub-cards exceed the one of the parent card, a green bar will represent the complete period covered by these dates.
If you hide the sub-cards, this bar remains visible so that you will notice the sub-cards total date range.
This total date range is used in compact mode, instead of the card date.
Here are few other things worth knowing about timelines:
- You can’t reorder cards in groups by drag and drop.
- sub-cards are always ordered by their references.
- Cards that don’t have access to the current active date attribute are hidden. However, they are counted in the cards number displayed at the top of each group.
- Card mirrors are displayed only if their target have access to the current active date attribute.
- In compact mode sub cards of a card with no date, is still visible (as a fake card).